You are cordially invited to become an Associate Member of the Washington Music Educators Association. WMEA offers Associate Memberships to four types of organizations:
Businesses (A business is any company or organization that is not listed below.)
Higher Education (An institute of higher education must be an accredited, degree-granting institution.)
K-12 schools (Schools are degree-granting institutions. Additionally, both music booster organizations and ASBs can join.)
Associations (Orff & Kodaly chapters, IAJE, NBA, ASTA, ACDA, etc.)
All Associate Member organizations receive the following benefits:
- web site access to members-only section
- WMEA publications
- 5% advertising discount in WMEA publications
- use of the WMEA logo in advertising
- associate member decal
- recognition in each Voice magazine
- opportunity to share in "News from Associate Members" in the May issue of Voice magazine
- social networking with WMEA's facebook page
- link to your web site from www.wmea.org
- one free set of WMEA member mailing labels per year ($20 each thereafter)
- WMEA-sponsored free clock hour services
- five free listings in the WMEA Yellow Pages
- discount on exhibiting at WMEA/NAfME-NW conferences
- showcase discount
In addition, the following benefits are specific to each type of associate member:
|Colleges & Universities
||Affiliated Organizations |
- reduced membership dues
- sfor tudents in grades 5-12, an all-state application fee waiver
Becoming an Associate Member gives all the rights and privileges of Active Members except for receipt of NAfME materials, the right to vote and hold office and the qualification of students for WMEA All-State and NAfME All-Northwest performing groups.
Associate Members assist in maintaining an open communication between WMEA Active Members and music dealers, educational institutions, musical organizations, clubs, other supportive groups and individuals having an involved interest in music education.
Associate Members are regarded by the WMEA Executive Board and the general membership as an elite group that extends beyond their businesses and services to being active participants with the music education profession.
Show your support for music education. Click on the appropriate form above and follow the instructions for becoming an Associate Member.
Associate Memberships expire annually on August 31.