LOVE music? LOVE little ones?
We would LOVE to meet you!!!
Position: Early Childhood Music Educator
Location: Greater Seattle
Research shows early childhood is the critical time for music development. We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference in the lives of young children by sharing their passion for music. The ideal candidate must have high-energy and be interested in teaching early childhood music in a group setting. Position will be approximately 12-20 hours per week with the potential for more in the future.
Using our time-tested curriculum, you can feel confident guiding children through hands-on play in a joyful setting. Forget searching for lesson plan ideas, we do it for you!
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience working with children ages newborn-5 years
• An understanding of developmental ages and stages of children birth – 5 years
• A child friendly singing voice
• Basic musicianship (sing on pitch, keep a steady beat etc.)
• Reliable transportation
Preferred but not required:
• A degree in music education, music performance or music therapy is preferred, but will consider an experienced, engaging candidate.
• Basic guitar skills
Goals & Objectives (Essential Job Functions) of the Position:
1. Must energetically teach our Early Childhood Music Education curriculum to children, newborn to age 5, in childcare settings in & around Seattle
2. Must be a self-starter, working independently while traveling between locations
- Requires the willingness to travel around to locations using your own transportation
3. Must provide a safe, enjoyable and inviting setting for all children participating
4. Maintain & grow relationships with Directors/Teachers in childcare centers
Salary: DOE $20 - $30/hour in class, $10/hour out of class (planning time)
Raise Eligibility: After 12 months
Health Insurance: After 6 months